CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Finally an update

It's been awhile since we've blogged. I'm going to give you a quick update on some of the things that we have been up to.


1. About a month ago, Kirby nominated a student for the Quarterly Citizenship Award for the city of North Myrtle Beach. Between all the schools in our area, Maddy was chosen. Read the article below (click on it to enlarge)...








2. Mayfest on Main was last weekend. It's one of the many times they shut down part of Main Street and fill it with vendors, live bands and local performances. Eddie Money was the main act on the big stage. Kirby usually knows a lot more about the artists than I do and so he filled me in on some of the oldies, but goodies that he sings. Here are some pictures/videos...

























3. Kirby and I went to the Blue Crab Festival this weekend. It was full of great fried food (even fried pickles- reminds me of Jed's in Toledo), good music, and lots of vendors to check out. Kirby ate some good ol' southern fried seafood and I got myself some "fair fries" doused with lots of vinegar. After soaking up the grease, Kirby helped me find Amy's newborn baby Kendall, a headband. After looking for awhile, I ended up with a book for her oldest daughter Chloe, but no headband.

We had a good time. Here are a few shots.











No comments: