CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 13, 2009

And the challenge continues...

We're still "bringin' it". Anna and I are in Phase 2 of the P90X program and we're moving right along. We still haven't missed a beat and have been dead-on with our diet and workouts. In phase 2, our diets are now comprised of 40% protein, 40% carbs, and 20% fats. Anna is consuming between 1700-1800 calories per day, and I'm maintaining 2,300 calories. Upon entering Phase 2, last week I was able to eat pasta and marinara sauce for the first time since starting the program and have eaten it every day for dinner since. Anna has enjoyed having pasta, as well. We figured out it takes between 150-182 strands of angel hair (depending on the brand) to equal one serving. Yeah, yeah, we know... it sounds crazy to count out 182 pieces of angel hair before cooking it, but hey, we're not messin' around here. We're counting EVERYTHING! As the saying goes, do it right, or don't do it at all.

The workouts are still going great, as well. After today I will have completed 6 weeks (7 more to go). Anna has finished 7 weeks and is now in her 8th (she got a head start on me as I came down with strep throat right when we were both getting ready to start). My weight is now down to 176, 12 below my starting weight of 188. If today were the last day of the program, I would still be pleased with the results. I'm stoked at the fact that I'm still not halfway through yet. We're both excited to see what the full 90 days will do for us.

No comments: