CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas!

We hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! Kirby and I didn't travel anywhere this year (we went to Maryland last year), but we were busy hanging out with friends on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day. On Christmas Eve, what we thought was going to be a quiet dinner tradition for 2 ended up being a fun/crazy dinner for 14. We had dinner with some of our school friends and family. Kirby taught the kids how to make a paper airplane and the kids provided us with Christmas carols. :)











(here are the lyrics of Braydon's Christmas carol)

Oh Christmas Tree
Oh Christmas Tree
Why do you smell so badly? (giggle, giggle)
I thought you smelled goodly. (more giggles)
You smell like poopy!



On Christmas morning, I felt like I was still a kid. I woke up at about 7:00 and couldn't fall back asleep. I got out of bed and came out to scope out the gifts under the tree. This year Kirby and I gave each other a chunk of money to spend on whatever we wanted (which was a clothes shopping spree for me & some clothes and car stuff for Kirby). In addition to that, we set ourselves a limit of $10 for under the Christmas tree. Here is what we got.



box #1



box #2



box #3 & gift- Michael Jackson DVD




1 of my 2 gifts- a bubble gum machine for my classroom



After we opened our gifts, I was ready to run to Walmart and get what I needed to cook Christmas dinner. Unfortunately, I didn't plan ahead and found out Walmart is closed on Christmas along with all other grocery stores (can you believe that!!). We found ourselves using a gift card Kirby received from a student LAST Christmas at ANOTHER Italian restaurant. Afterwards, we went to the Baeli's for dessert, games & toys.


Everyone joined in with K'NEX




Braydon & I's final product- a castle



The boys' final project- a truck


No comments: