CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 25, 2010

2-Weeks Down...

After 2 weeks of following the P90X diet guidelines, Anna and I are on a roll and constantly thinking of creative ways to eat 50% protein each day. For me, this 90-day excursion is more of an experiment than anything else. I used to always tell my clients I trained that the diet component of a fitness program was at least 50% of the equation. The last time we did P90X, I made it through 60 days before messing up my back (later to find I had 5 bulging discs after getting an MRI). In those 60 days I dropped 17 pounds (188 to 171) by following both the diet and exercise guidelines to a "T". My "experiment" for this time around is to just follow the dietary guidelines: month 1- 50% protein, 30% carbs, and 20% fat / month 2- 40% protein, 30%carbs, 30% fat / month 3- 60% carbs, 20% protein, 20% fat. We are not following the P90X workouts. I'm simply going to take a sporadic approach and do whatever type of workout I want, as long as I work out 5 days a week (Anna hasn't gotten into the workout groove just yet). If things go like I think they will with the "experiment", I think the results will be close to what they were when doing the full-fledged P90X workouts. After 14 days, I've dropped 7 pounds (184 to 177) and Anna has dropped about 4.


No comments: