CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Teal Toe(s)


Why do I have one of my toes painted teal?



I'm helping to spread the word about ovarian cancer through Teal Toes (click the link to learn more).

*Teal is the ovarian cancer awareness color.

Why raise awareness?

* Too many women with ovarian cancer do not get diagnosed until their cancer has spread. Their survival rate is 45%.
* The survival rate improves greatly - to 93 percent - if the cancer is diagnosed at an early stage before it has spread. Only 19 percent of ovarian cancer cases are diagnosed at this local stage.
* Approximately 75 percent of ovarian cancer cases are diagnosed at an advanced stage after the cancer has spread beyond the ovary.

So, if your toes are needing some end of summer paint, I recommend teal polish :) And if you didn't want to paint all your toes teal, how about one? I'm sure that'll get people asking...

No comments: