CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The 5 Love Languages

I've heard of the book before and when Pastor Steve said something about it when we met with him last week, I got very excited to hear what he had to say. Kirby and I met with him again, yesterday, and talked through the 5 love languages. He talked to us about how couples think they are giving and doing so much, but in reality they are "missing" their partner because it's not one of their partner's love languages. Here they are:

1. words of affirmation (i.e. you're a good cook, I love you)
2. physical touch
3. spending time together
4. gifts
5. acts of service (i.e. taking out the trash, mowing the lawn, emptying the dishwasher)

We talked about this a little after Steve left. It was interesting to decide what my love languages are... and what Kirby's are too.
What is/are your love languages? :)

No comments: