CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 11, 2010

a few updates

This is a random blog with a few updates. We'll start with the biggest news...


#1
Kirby had more x-rays taken and everything looks good! He was even allowed to leave the doctor's office without wearing his sling! We were both very excited about the good news!




The doc says he needs to start doing more exercises too. Below is Kirby doing his "milk jug" exercise. Every day he holds the milk jug down at his side so his elbow is forced to straighten. He has also been TRYING to eat with both hands. He gave it a try at Chic-a-fil, but as you can see it's still a little awkward. He still has pain when lifting his shoulder, so he tends to bend down to his hands a lot. He has to go back again in 3 more weeks for another check up. The doctor says he's healing nicely, so we hope to hear more good news then too.







However, before our visit, he was getting pretty good at doing things with his left hand. In this video, we are eating at one of our favorite restaurants, Logan's. Kirby usually eats around 6 rolls and he wasn't going to let a broken elbow and shoulder get in the way!





#2
A few days ago we were able to spend some time with Kirby's friends from back home. Stacy and Jay were driving through the area on vacation and called to see if they could stop by. We spent a few hours catching up, making ice cream sundaes, and playing games on the Wii. We hope to see them again this year. Kirby and Stacy are trying to plan their 20 year high school reunion for Thanksgiving time.





#3
I couldn't take it anymore and I got a hair cut! I've been wearing it in a ponytail or braid so much lately, I figured I should just cut it off. I researched donations for different organizations, but nothing seemed to work for me (either the length, color wasn't right...). She ended up cutting about 8" off and I left the salon loving it! I came home and Kirby liked it, but I was beginning to doubt whether I still liked it. By the end of the night, I was already planning on going back to the salon the next day to have her change it. Today (a few days later), I think I like it again and probably won't go back. My friend Amy says that's typical of me, so... I guess it's no surprise.








#4

Yesterday Kirby and I wanted to stay indoors during the peak of the day since the "feel like" temperature was going to be in the 100's. We thought it would be perfect to see a matinee movie and then head to the beach around 4:00ish. We decided to see "Get Him to the Greek" at 12:40 (or at least I thought so) so we rushed around the house to get ready and make it out the door in time. We picked something up for Kirby to eat, got our tickets and popcorn in what we thought to be "just in the nick of time". Well I must have misread the time online (no surprise to Kirby) and must have missed the sign outside of the theater too.





As you can see from the pictures, we were a little early. So what do you do when you are a hour early and the only ones in the theater? Of course... take pictures!









We ate, did a little shopping and finally came back at the right time to watch the movie! :)

FINALLY...

No comments: