CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 24, 2010

a little bit of this...and a little bit of that

Things around here have been busy with buying another car! Yes, you heard right...



Kirby decided awhile back he was interested in selling his Elise and buying a Lotus Exige. Of course he talked with me and checked out the finances...and then started seriously looking. He actually found the "perfect" one in Texas a few weeks ago, but it was bought out from under his nose at the very last minute.

Needless to say, he was very bummed about it. After I dragged him to a flea market to look for a woven basket to put throws in, we drowned in our sorrows over dinner at one of our favorite restaurants. As we were sitting at dinner, I looked out the window and noticed a yellow car (the Exige in Texas was yellow), and I jokingly told him that was a sign, and when we got home he'd find another one online (even though he'd already been searching a few times each day for the past few months). And then, just a few moments after that "sign", his jaw dropped looking out the window the opposite way. What does he see? Yep, an Exige stopped at a traffic light on HWY-17. Now that was a sign.

As soon as he got home he searched again and found one in California that was identical to the one in Texas. Even though it was far away, he called the dealership to inquire, and within minutes talked them down a good chunk of money and came to a verbal agreement. He contacted a fellow Lotus owner in California to inspect the car for him, and everything fell into place after that. Hopefully if things go as planned, the purchase will be finalized Monday and shipped here about a week later :) Here is what it'll look like...




Even though I'm super excited about the car, I'm not too involved in the whole buying process, so I've been going to school to clean up files and organize some things. I know some people would think I'm crazy spending my summer break at school, but I enjoy organizing and like the feeling of being prepared when fall comes around. I felt accomplished yesterday when I left. :)




I still have a long ways to go as you can see from the pictures. It's supposed to feel like over 100 degrees for the next few days, so I might keep cool and keep trudging along.














No comments: