CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 24, 2012

6 months- really?!




health
We've been through a few colds this month... and the doctor confirmed his first ear infection last Friday too.  He's been on medicine since then and thankfully, it seems to be helping.

sleep
At the beginning of the month, he slept a 9 hour stretch!  I didn't hold my breath though... the following week straight, he slept less and less every night.  Now he's sleeping anywhere from 4-6 hour stretches... waking up about once a night.  He's not sleeping through the night, but it could be worse.  Plus... secretly, I like the extra cuddle time with him (especially since we don't get to see him much during the week because of school).
(a new "toy" Kaden found in his crib.... it will soon be moved)

Still not sleeping much at daycare- nothing new.  I'm still frustrated with it too because he comes home pretty much ready for bed by 5:00.  Hardly any time to feed him solids, play, or bathe.  And I'm not sure if it's related to going to sleep so early, but he's been waking up between 4-5 ready to start his day... and by that I mean, "talking" and squealing in his crib until we come and get him.

sizes
He's all over the board... 3 month pants, 6 month onesies and shirts, 9 month jammies.  Still in size 2 diapers and looks like he will be for awhile too.

diet
He's drinking 4-6 bottles a day.  He usually eats banana oatmeal for breakfast and then a vegetable for lunch at daycare.  Sometimes, if he's not too tired when he gets home, he'll eat another vegetable for dinner.

Most of this month, he was still on breast milk.  But just a few days ago, I started transitioning to using formula.  He's done well and doesn't even seem to notice or care.  I've made it 6 months of breastfeeding and that was my goal.  I'm proud of that.

likes
*exploring inside & outside the house with Dad
*putting things...anything... in my mouth
*playing Dad's guitar
*Hallmark storybooks from family
*playing in the sink
 
dislikes
*gassy
*being overtired
Other than that, he's a very happy baby.  This month has been full of smiles! 

things to remember
*first ear infection
*smiling/laughing a lot
 
*trying to be mobile... crawling & rolling
 
*teething has begun
*sits up on his own for about a minute before toppling over

3 comments:

basebell6 said...

Awhhh, happy 6 months! And Merry Christmas! Will be special this year for sure!

Jess Norden said...

Wow...6 months already!!! I can't believe it!!! Cameron doesn't nap well at daycare, either, and comes home SOOOO tired, and then wakes up around 4:30!! ahhhh....I can feel your pain from here!!!

I am off this week, and have been trying to get him on a schedule that he can follow at daycare...it's mainly just getting him to nap at 8:30, 12:30 and 4:30 (for just a quick nap), and I don't pick him up out of his crib until AT LEAST 1 hr after I put him down...so far, it's worked well! I am hoping that he can transition to day care because A) I miss the time with him after work and B) Momma needs to sleep past 4:30!!

I hope you have a great week! Merry Christmas and Happy Half Birthday!! :) xo

Robyn said...

I can't believe these babies are growing up so fast!! Happy 6 months, Kaden!! They really are getting to the most fun age - rolling, babbling, crawling - I love it!

I feel you on the sleeping! Luckily, Coop is on a GREAT schedule, but we always had trouble with LL. She's almost 4 and she's STILL an early riser. No fun!