CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 24, 2011

giving thanks

The past few days when I'm laying in bed at night and can't fall asleep I think about all the things I'm thankful for...

Our growing baby-
Before we even started trying, I wasn't too optimistic that it would happen quickly.  Kirby tried to steer me away from those negative thoughts, but they always seemed to creep back up.  It literally happened the first time we tried though... and I'm thankful for that.

Kirby-
I think about it often, but not sure I say it enough.  He.is.my.everything.
I can't imagine life without him.

Family-
All of our family live elsewhere (mostly Maryland & Ohio)... and even though we aren't spending Thanksgiving with them, we are thankful for them.  Some of them have been with us through some of our toughest times.  Some of them have been there through our celebrations.  I'm especially thankful for reconnecting with some of my family throughout the past few years.

Friends-
Here or there... we are thankful for all the special friendships in our lives. 


Our health
In a few months Kirby will enter his 40's and I'll be entering my 30's.  We are thankful to have good health.  As I've said before, Kirby is going to keep me young and with that, hopefully healthy too ;)

A job
Especially with the economy like it is, we are both thankful for our jobs.  We had budget cuts a few years ago where teaching positions were cut, but thankfully we made it through.  And with a teaching job comes some long weekends like this one.  We are thankful for our 5 day weekend to celebrate and relax!


We hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!  No matter who you celebrate with, family or friends, remember to give thanks! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happy thanksgiving to the Kings!! Love seeing the growing baby :)