CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hello Exige S...

With the Elise departed two weeks ago, next up, the Exige S...

Without a doubt, one of the coolest experiences I've had in a while. I felt like a 5-year old on Christmas morning. The tractor/trailer couldn't make the turn down our street, so Anna and I walked down to where the truck stopped. They had to take two cars off to get to mine. The second car off was a jaw-dropping Porsche GT3 RS, on it's way to Virginia Beach. This is not your typical high-volume, cookie cutter Porsche you see on the road everyday, but instead, an extremely rare car 99.9% of us will never see on the street. This particular one had a window sticker of approximately $160,000. Ouch.

After the GT3 RS, off came the Exige S. Never in a million years did I think I would buy a car sight unseen. Nevermind the fact it was 2,500 miles away in California. Not only was this the first time I'd seen this car, but also the first time I'd ever seen an Exige S in person. Lotus only exports about 300 per year to the US, and it seems most of them find homes in California and Texas.

Anna wanted to capture the "waiting sequence" and made a collage...




(As always, click the pics if you want to see them full-size)











After the first wash...




No comments: