CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Dad!!!

Happy 70th birthday, Dad! Anna and I wish you were here with us in person, but we know you're looking down from above and you're always with us in spirit. Even though it's been almost 4 years since your passing, you are often in our thoughts. Every time Anna sees someone who resembles you, she is quick to point it out. Every time we see a random leaf blowing from what seems out of nowhere, we look at each other and think it's you. Every time I'm in the water surfing and the pelicans fly by and skim the face of the waves, I always think one of them is you.

On your birthday, I'd also like to say thanks, Dad, for all your support throughout the years. Even when you didn't agree with some of my decisions, you always stood by me, regardless. Thanks for going to basically every athletic event I participated in, even though you were never a big fan of sports. Thanks for getting up at 4:00 in the morning on those sub-zero winter days, working 12+ hours, and breaking your back to help support our family. Thanks for teaching me the importance of doing and fixing things on my own. Thanks for teaching me the life-skills that fostered independence. Thanks for sacrificing so many of the material things you could have had in your own life just so you could give all of us everything we needed, and most of what we wanted. Due to the many sacrifices you (and of course, Mom) made throughout the years, the lives of your children and grandchildren are far better because of them. Without your love and support, we would be lost.


Happy Birthday, Dad! We love you!

No comments: