CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy Independence Day!

We hope everyone had a great 4th of July! Kirby and I enjoyed our usual traditions for the 4th of July weekend. We finally got a break from the triple digit weather so we were able to go to the beach the whole weekend. It was in the mid to high 80's and beautiful! :)






Kirby got the "go ahead" from the doctor to start doing more with this arm. The best news... he can surf in a few days if it's still feeling well! Of course, he's super excited about that and even practiced paddling in the ocean this weekend. He's out fixing his board as I write this post, so I know he's itchin' to get back out there. Until then we've been trying to walk together in the morning. As I said above, it's been beautiful and not too hot in the morning, so it made for enjoyable walking weather this weekend.





Before heading to the beach for the Cherry Grove fireworks, I decided to make a 4th of July dessert for Kirby and I. I narrowed it down for Kirby and then he picked his choice... Berry Cheesecake Parfait. We brought some over to our neighbors too, as a small thank you for mowing our lawn since Kirby's been "out of commission". VERY simple...& delicious!





It was back to the beach for dinner and fireworks that night. We ate our Subway and then as we waited for the professional fireworks, we sat and watched all the amateurs set theirs off. However, if you looked down the coast, the amateurs lit up the sky! Soooo many fireworks were being set off and it was a sight to see!









1 comment:

Kathryn said...

Hi there! Saw your comment on Kelly's Korner and it really hit home. Imagine my delight when I saw in your profile that you are a SC girl! I was born and raised there, but have been gone for a couple of years. It will always be home though!