CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 26, 2010

Our weekend

Friday was our first official day off this summer! For dinner that night, I decided to try out a new recipe I found on this blog for Chicken Teriyaki. It looked sooo easy and with so few ingredients, I figured I couldn't mess it up. However, it was NOTHING like the blogger raved it was... so I must have done something wrong. You see... I tend to leave things out or add too much or even sometimes the wrong thing.




I guess I'm on a bad streak of cooking lately. Last week I made (well tried to make) another Chocolate Chip Banana Nut bread, but it came out goopy and uncooked in the middle. Um....???? Not sure what happened there, but I'm sure I didn't measure right or forgot something.


However, I did redeem myself Saturday night when I made "Molten Lava Toffee Brownies" (got the recipe from this blog) and "Slow Cooker Creamy Italian Chicken" for dinner and dessert. Kirby and I really enjoyed both and devoured almost 1/2 the pan of brownies that night.









The biggest project of the weekend was working on our landscaping. A few months ago, our wonderful neighbors offered us to take some of their banana plants from their yard. Neither of us have much of a "green thumb" and we've already killed 3 palm trees since living in NMB. So instead of trying for a 4th, we decided to take them up on their offer and try something different. We are very happy with the way it turned out.


Hope everyone has a good week!

5 comments:

Kris said...

Those brownies look so yummy!

Ashley E. said...

That pasta looks incredible!!!

Anna said...

Okay, you are making this pregnant girl hungry!! :) And you have such a great name. :) I really enjoyed visiting your blog. I'm loving this blog hop and getting to "meet" new people.

Robin said...

Hey! I am visiting from Jenna's Journey!

I so know what you mean about trying to make something and it just coming out WRONG! I remember buying all of this stuff to make a "no fail" Paula Deen cake, and it being a complete FLOP that got thrown in the garbage...lol! So much for "no fail" huh?

It's nice to "meet" you!

Robin aka: Alabama Slacker Mama

Amanda said...

Delish! Bookmarking these for sure. I love to cook and will have to try these brownies. I have a recipe blog you may enjoy looking at to find a few new things! I love new recipes! Blessings, Amanda