CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 19, 2013


My first link-up with "5 on Friday"!  I haven't linked up in so long... probably since before Kaden was born... so I'm excited! :) 
 
1. GOODBYE GOLF CART
   Today we waved goodbye to our golf cart, as a great family drove away to Wilmington to enjoy it.  I'd be lying if I said I didn't shed a tear when Kirby said it was going to be sold today.   It was our first golf cart!  We rode it everywhere we could when the weather was good.  And really... the hardest part of selling it was because Kaden loved it!  I mean... really loved it!  He would say "golf cart" over and over again when we would tell him we were going on a ride.  The good news is we are going to get another one.  Kirby's already on it!


 
2.  SUMMER LOVIN'
Gosh!  Kirby and I have been soaking up every minute we can this summer.  We've been so busy doing things with Kaden.  Here is what we've been up to lately-

took our first trip to the public library
 
played a lot with his friend, Daveena

hung out at the beach with the first grade teachers and families

stayed cool and played inside with his new water toy from Uncle Talan and Aunt Paula

 
3. SCHOOL- WHAT?
Even though we still have a good chunk of summer left, my brain is already in Back-to-School overload.  My Pinterest is blowing up with other teachers having the same issue.  I will say this though... I secretly love getting new supplies, organizing and getting things ready for a new year.

 
4.  "BIG BOY" ROOM
Kaden officially started transitioning over to the 1 year old room this week. Yesterday, he was with them on the playground and for circle time and lunch.  They said he did well, all things considered (being tired and with unfamiliar people).  Again... I'd be lying if I said I didn't cry.  (Are you learning something about me... Ms. Emotional)


5.  CABLE
We stopped getting cable a few months ago.  I was a little skeptical at first, but realized we didn't really need it, nor did we have time for it.  However, we did buy an antenna to be able to watch the basic channels.  Lately though, I wish we didn't even have those channels.  Everything in the news lately is horrible. 


Stop over to Hello! Happiness for Five on Friday!

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just found you through the link up. My husband and I are teachers too and are loving summer. But I secretly am itching to get in my classroom and open all of the new supplies :) Have a good weekend!