CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Top 2 Tuesday

Today over at The Undomestic Momma the topic is
things I've learned about money...


1. Have a budget- Kirby and I have a budget for eating out and personal spending each month.  If we didn't, we'd waste a lot of money on a bunch of random things and eating out.  Now... let me say, we don't always stick to it... some months are worse than others (especially eating out). However, I attribute a lot of what we have and what we are able to invest due to the fact we have these budgets. 

2. Invest as much as you can-  Kirby and I both had our share of credit card debt earlier in life.  Fortunately, we paid it all off around the time we met (about 5 years ago) and haven't touched our credit cards since.  Without having any credit card debt, we've been able to invest more money.  Every paycheck, we have a large chunk taken out that goes into our Roth IRA's.  This is hard sometimes when we want to buy this or that, but we know it's the best for our future and the future of our children.

I'll leave you with a picture of the beautiful trees starting to bloom around here.

No comments: